Monday, September 12, 2011

Il y a deux semaine.

I can't believe that it's been 2 weeks since I started working again. Shifting from vacay to work mode was not as hard as I expected, but I admit that I miss not setting the alarm and getting up later to enjoy the comfort of our bed longer.

Time passed by so fast and it didn't help that I've been busy with some non-work-related things.

Simple joys the past weeks, which make my heart smile:
  • WORKING again!
  • Another invitation for October to be an EMCEE, a career I never thought I will venture into;
  • A great weekend in Nantes with OLD AND NEW FRIENDS to celebrate Tita Rose Ann's birthday;
  • 10th Anniversary of 9-11 - The good that came out of it and this very poignant Empire State of Mind tribute:
  • This article by F Sionil Jose on "Why we are shallow;"
  • MOULES FRITES with Tita Cora and Tita Siony;
  • SINGING with the UNESCO Choir and Orchestra at the 2010 Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize Ceremony (recipient - Argentina's "The Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo";
  • IKEA's 2012 Catalogue distributed at the Cambronne métro exit;
  • PINOY JAM group's planned caroling/concert this December
Last night, Pete and I went to the Embassy to welcome Philippines' new ambassador to France, H.E. Cristina G. Ortega together with other Pinoy community and business leaders. I honestly didn't know what to expect. All I know is that she's from U.P. and she's been serving the government for a long time. I was impressed the moment I saw her and it stayed that way until we left the reception. Here's to the new "administration" and to praying for more exciting projects for the Pinoy community in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment